2016 Application is now closed.
This year’s winner will be announced in May!
The CT RollerGirls are proud to offer the Cindy Luberto Scholarship for Women Athletes!
Established in 2012, this scholarship recognizes a dedicated and enthusiastic Connecticut woman athlete who has a passion for her sport, whatever it may be.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 CT RollerGirls Scholarship for Women Athletes
Roller derby is a unique sport with hundreds of thousands of passionate followers around the world. Since its modern resurgence in the 21st century, roller derby is now the fastest growing women’s sport in the world.
Athletic women may come from many backgrounds, and enjoy a variety of sports, but often only those excelling in more traditional sports receive recognition with athletic awards and scholarships. The members of The CT RollerGirls, Inc, believe that sports (traditional or non-) can be an important part of a well-rounded life, and value the diversity of experience that each of its members contribute to the roller derby and sporting community. In that spirit, CTRG has created this scholarship opportunity to recognize woman athletes in Connecticut who have a passion for their sport, whatever it may be.
$500 non-renewable scholarship, paid directly to the educational institution upon verification of enrollment in the fall semester, for use toward tuition, fees, and education related expenses.
All submissions will be reviewed by members of the CTRG and winners will be determined by a league vote. Applicants and recommenders may be contacted for verification or clarification of information by email or brief telephone interview.
- be a woman-identified student athlete, participating in recreational, community, or school athletics
- be attending a Connecticut college or university in the Fall of 2016, or be a Connecticut resident attending any college or university in the Fall of 2016
- provide a 250-word essay describing her passion for the sport that she plays, with emphasis on how her sport or her participation is unique
- provide a photograph of herself in action or representing her sport
- agree to allow CT RollerGirls, Inc, to use submitted information and photograph in promotional materials
- complete and submit the application and recommendation by April 10, 2016
Past or current members of CTRG or the immediate family of any current CTRG member are ineligible.
Deadline/How to submit:
- Submit application materials for the 2016 CT RollerGirls Cindy Luberto Scholarship for Women Athletes using the following online form.
- Please direct the coach or adviser providing your required recommendation to the separate online recommendation form.
- Online entries are preferred, however you may also submit your entry by email to email@example.com or by mail to CT RollerGirls Scholarship, PO Box 1774, Naugatuck, CT 06770.
- To download and print a copy of the application, click here: 2016 CTRG Scholarship Application
Winner will be notified in May and will be invited to be recognized at a CTRG bout later in the 2016 season.
2016 CTRG Online Scholarship Application
2016 CTRG Online Scholarship Application Recommendation Form
If you would like to help us continue to provide this unique opportunity to recognize passionate women athletes in our communities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to donate to support the CT RollerGirls Scholarship for Women Athletes!